How to convert video to iPad supported media formats so that you can enjoy DVD, music and video clips on your iPad? The following FREE iPad Video Converter programs and multiple DVD to iPad conversion solutions will help you do this easily, quickly, flawlessly.
iPad Video Conversion Guides (Two ways)
Follow this tutorial, you can easily put any DVD's, Blu-ray movies, songs, TV shows, podcasts, video files onto your iPad using the best DVD to iPad video converter software.
Best Solution: Use DVD to iPad + iPad Movie Converter Suite (easily, fast and HD quality)
Download Windows version Download Mac version
* Support iPad 4, iPad mini, iPad 3/2/1, iPhone, iPod and Apple TV.
* Straight rip DVD/Blu-ray to iPad H.264 HD (high-definition), MP4 HD in different resolution up to 1080p.
* Batch convert AVI, 3GP, WMV, MKV, FLV, MPEG, Youtube, Flash, Rm, VOB, DivX, HD video (AVCHD, M2TS, MTS, MOD, TOD, TS, etc.), MPG (MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4), MOV, RMVB, SWF, XviD, ASF and more to iPad supported formats.
* Extract audio from DVDs, movie scenes and save as iPad MP3, AAC, WAV.
* As iPad 4 video converter and an iPad mini video converter, it also supports iPad 3/2/1, iPad 4G/3G/WiFi, iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, iTunes.
* Trasnfer iPad video to PC and vice versa.
* Create iPad photo slideshow from photos.
* Capture images from DVDs and videos.
* Both Windows and Mac OS users can find the best way here.
FREE solution: DVD decrypter + iPad converter freeware (hard to handle, two products / twice conversion are needed, only for Windows guys)
* Rip DVD to your hard drive first, then convert to iPad. There is no doubt that this will waste much time.
Software used: iPad Converter Suite (For Windows users, For Mac users) - It includes iPad Video Converter, iPad DVD Converter and iPad computer transferring software.
Input formats: ALL popular media formats including DVD (Blu ray, DVD-Video, DVD folder, DVD IFO File), Video (VOB, MPEG, TS, MOV, VCD, DAT, WMV, AVI, M4V, SWF, MKV, FLV, MPEG, WMV, RMVB, RM, ASF, DVR-MS, QT, AVCHD, M2TS, MOD, MTS, TOD, MPG, 3GP, 3G2, NUT, QT, YUV, MPV, NSV), Music (WMA, RA, CD, OGG, AC3, AIFF, FLAC, APE, RAM, CUE, AU, WAV, MP2, CDa, MP3, MPA), etc.
Supported devices: iPad mini, 4th-gen iPad, The new iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3G, iPad Wi-Fi, iPod, Apple TV, iPhone and more.
Output formats: Video (MP4, MPEG-4, H.264, HD H.264, MOV, M4V), Audio (MP3, AAC, M4A, WAV, AIFF), picture (BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG), etc.
1. Download the powerful iPad Video Conversion Suite and install it.
2. If you'd like to rip DVD movie to iPad, please launch DVD to iPad converter. or else, just run the iPad movie converter for converting videos or your favourite music collections.
3. Load DVD or any media files into the software. Let's take the DVD ripping for example. Just click 'Load DVD' button or choose 'File -> Load DVD/DVD folder/DVD IFO'.
4. Set 'Audio Track' (language) and 'Subtitle'. If you need not any subtitle that appears on the converted iPad videos, just set 'Subtitle' to 'None'.
5. Choose the target format from 'Profile' drop-down list. The DVD ripper for iPad supports 'iPad H.264 HD video' (720p, 1280x720, 960x540), 'iPad H.264 video' (720x480, 720x576), 'iPad MPEG4 video' (640x480), 'MP4 video' (with various resolution), 'MP3 audio', 'AAC audio', etc.
Tip1: How to edit iPad videos: click on the 'Effect', 'Trim' or 'Crop' button.
Tip2: How to capture pictures from videos. It is super easy to do this. Just click 'Play' button in the preview window. When the video jumps to the image you like, hit 'Take a snapshot' button.
6. Press 'Start Ripping' button! After a short while, you can put videos on iPad via iTunes. What's more, you can also upload media files from your computer to iPad using iPad Transfer included in the software without iTunes.
Just so easy to copy DVD movies and video files to iPad with this DVD/Video to iPad Converter.
Software used: DVD Decrypter + free iPad Video Converter (100% freeware but difficult to handle, more time needed)
Why it takes a long time? The free solution need convert twice (DVD to VOB, and VOB to iPad). First of all, you have to rip DVD into one big file with free DVD rippers such as DVD Decrypter, then convert the ripped file to iPad playable files. There is no doubt that this will waste more time than the straight DVD to iPad conversion mode. Furthermore, the free iPad movie conversion software does not encoding in a batch.
Part 1: Decrypt DVD to your hard drive
1. Download DVD Decrypter for free, install it to your computer and run it.
2. Insert the DVD you'd like to watch on your iPad into the DVD drive.
3. Go to 'Mode' menu and select 'IFO' mode.
Hints: DVD Decrypter software has three basic operation modes: File mode, which handles each VOB file separately. ISO mode which helps you make and write images. IFO mode delivers IFO parsing that other rippers have offered for a long time.
4. Select 'Tools -> Settings' menu, go to the 'IFO' tab, and set 'File Splitting' to 'None' under 'Options'. This will help you convert the whole DVD to one big video file.
5. Come back to main interface, go to 'Stream Processing' tab, and check 'Enable Stream Processing'. Here will list all available streams including 'video', 'audio' and 'subtitle'. If you don't want the output file to include a certain stream just uncheck it. That's to say, if I've unchecked the stream 0x81 (the second audio stream) so the ripped VOB file would only contain the 'English AC3' language. Since the converted video can only have one type of audio and subtitle (or no subtitle), please check the first video stream '0xE0 - Video', then set the language and subtitle to what you like.
Optional: Set the destination of the ripped video file which will be rather large in size.
6. Hit 'Decrypt' button to start ripping DVD's to hard disk.
Part 2: Convert ripped video to iPad
7. Launch the free iPad Video Converter, press 'Convert' button, and click 'Video File' link.
8. The iPod Converter freeware has two ways of converting videos, Normal Mode and Power Mode. The former can only be used online, while the latter can be used both online and offline. Let's take Power Mode for example.
9. Hit the 'Select File' button to load the video file that you'd like to watch on your iPad.
10. Set the 'Device', 'Profile' to a format that play on iPad. Here, you can also customize 'Output Directory', 'Title'. To start the iPad media conversion, just hit 'Start converting' button.
11. The result video will be added to iTunes automatically after the conversion process is completed. Finally, sync your iPad with iTunes so that you can enjoy video on iPad.
The video converter for iPad does not support batch conversion. If you want to convert multiple movies, you have to do this one by one.
Share the useful solutions and free DVD to iPad Video Converter on our website with other iPad guys via your blog, your post or any comment.